Thursday, June 30, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: The Iron Giant


I watched The Iron Giant last night with our youth group, many of whom had never seen it before. The movie came out in 1999 and didn't do well at theaters because of bad marketing by Warner Bros. It has since gone on to become a beloved, if sometimes overlooked classic.

I had forgotten just what a wonderful little movie this is. My boys used to watch it all the time when they were growing up, so I've seen it at least a dozen times, but it's been about a decade since I watched it last. I enjoyed it just as much this time, if not even more. That's the good thing about memories that fade over time, you can re-watch something and it's almost like watching it for the first time!

This isn't a full review, just a recommendation: if you haven't seen it, you should check it out. It's heartwarming and funny, with a great voice cast and wonderful direction. You're welcome to borrow my DVD, and if you don't return it I'll have a good excuse to get the Blu ray!

My grade: A

No comments: