Monday, June 20, 2022

No. Just no.


Every once in a while a certain phrase enters into common conversation in the public realm it gets repeated ad nauseam. It's kind of obnoxious, especially because it doesn't really mean anything significant. These trendy phrases may not bother anyone else, but they annoy the heck out of you. I'm sure you've had that happen to you.

For me right now it's the phrase "living your best life." I actually heard someone (a well-known Hollywood celebrity) use the phrase "I'm living my best life" the other day in a very serious, non-ironic way. 

It's so trendy right now and it just bugs me. I don't know why. But I'm guessing it's a fad phrase that won't be around in a few years.

At least I hope so. 

I guess we'll see.

Thus endeth my rant for the day. 

(I can already imagine the responses: "Okay, boomer! You're awfully salty today. This sounds like a 'you problem'.")

No comments: