Sunday, June 19, 2022

Rob's Review: Top Gun Maverick


Jonah took me to see the new Top Gun: Maverick movie this afternoon for Father's Day. I had been interested in this one for a while, but wanted to see the first one again as I hadn't seen it since it first came out in the late 80s. So Rosalie and I watched the original Top Gun last night and Jonah and I watched the new one this afternoon. 

I'm guessing most of those reading this will have already seen it, as it has done very, very well at the box office. Even today, almost a month after it's release, the theater was still full of people. It probably doesn't hurt that it's a good choice for a Father's Day outing because what dad isn't going to enjoy this one?

Let me just put in my $.02 here and say it lived up to my expectations and I'd recommend it to all to enjoyed the original. If you haven't seen the original, you should watch it first, although other than a great soundtrack it was fairly simple as movies go. The new one I think surpasses the original by building on it. It has great action and a lot of heart. Plus the freakishly young looking Tom Cruise who, at 59 years old, is still a great actor, even if his personal life is a little odd.

If you're looking for a good PG movie to enjoy, you should definitely check this one out.

No comments: