Saturday, June 4, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: Endorphin Speed 2

Saucony was running a Memorial Day sale last week and I picked up a pair of Endorphin Speed 2 shoes for about half off. (Note how I subtly credit/blame Saucony for the purchase rather than taking responsibility and saying, "I bought new running shoes because they looked really cool and I wanted them.")

I have been running in Endorphin Shift shoes for the past year or so but thought I'd try the Speed because of the great reviews. I thought the reviewers were being overly enthusiastic about how great the Speed were, but after trying them, I have to say they may be the best running shoes I've ever had.

They remind me a little of the Saucony Kinvara shoes but the SpeedRoll technology with the nylon plate seems to draw you along and it actually made me run faster. I did a 5.25-mile route this morning and got my best time in over a year without really feeling like I was pushing to run fast. I'm very excited to try them in the Pine City Fun Run 5K at the beginning of August. 

If you're looking for some great running shoes, I'd highly recommend these.

No comments: