Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Now, For a Limited Time...


This came through my inbox today from Taco John's. According to the description: "The Honey BBQ Fried Chicken Taco is made with crunchy chicken tenders, fresh, crisp lettuce and cheddar cheese, topped with a Honey BBQ sauce that starts out with a sweet flavor from honey accompanied by smoky notes of hickory." Apparently it's a variation on a plain chicken 'taco' that they've had on the menu for a while, just with honey barbecue sauce.

My first thought was, "Really, Taco John's? Really? Anywhere else and this would be called a wrap." But my second thought was, "Hey, that looks pretty good. And you can get Potato Ole's to go with it!" Because, let's be honest, that's the best thing about Taco John's. And sometimes you feel like some Potato Ole's but aren't necessarily in the mood for regular Mexican fast food. But we'll call it a taco because that's more "on brand". Nevertheless, it looks pretty good.

That's the appeal of these limited-time offerings from places like this. We don't have a Taco John's near us, and when I'm down in the Cities I'll often opt for my favorites like Culver's or Chick-fil-a. But something like this may entice me to visit Taco John's when I otherwise might not. And then, beyond the quick sale, I might build a new habit and visit more often, which is the ultimate goal - loyal returning customers.

Which got me thinking about businesses in general and churches in particular. What is it about your organization that is "special" enough to get people to give it a shot? Anything you can do as a "limited time offering"? And then do you have enough other stuff to help them to return and become loyal to your organization?

No comments: