Thursday, September 15, 2022

Rob's Reviews: Cinnamon Roll Centers Blizzard

I had the opportunity the other day to try Dairy Queen's new limited-time offering, the Cinnamon-Roll Centers Blizzard Treat. It supposedly has "soft cinnamon roll center pieces and brown butter cinnamon topping" blended with their soft service ice cream.

I went into this one somewhat apprehensive, as I had read a bad review of this flavor online. So the bar was low, but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. I liked the "brown butter cinnamon topping" flavoring which was pretty well mixed through the vanilla giving the whole thing a cinnamon brown sugar flavor. I'm not sure that I would describe the pieces of cinnamon roll centers soft, exactly. And there were crunchy bits of brown sugar or something there too. I feel like it could have used another iteration or two in the development of the flavor, but it wasn't bad - just not as good as I think it might have been. 

Would I get it again? Sure. It's was pretty good. Was it the best flavor of Blizzard ever? No. Cookie-dough still reigns supreme in my book. But this one was a nice change of pace. I would actually like to try the cookie-dough pieces in with the cinnamon flavored ice cream here.

Overall grade: B+

No comments: