Thursday, September 29, 2022

Inform, Inspire, Motivate, Entertain


Once in a while on my blog here I'll point out something that is frustrating or try to steer people away from something I think is subpar (maybe a food item or a TV show or movie), but usually I like to highlight something that is good that I think my readers may enjoy. Or maybe something to make people smile or laugh. (Like the picture today.)

My other goal (sometimes) is to get people to think. Usually I try to pose a rhetorical question to stimulate reflection or perhaps even action. Of course, readers are always welcome to take the questions non-rhetorically (is that a word? That's a rhetorical question - I don't care. It is now.) By that I mean that they can comment (as long as it's appropriate and relevant), although to this point I haven't had a lot of people interacting. I get that, as there are a bunch of blogs that I read that I don't comment on, either. But the invitation and opportunity is always there. 

I wonder if it's possible to combine these goals. Can I inform, inspire, motivate, and entertain all at once? 

What if we all tried to do that in all our interactions?

(See what I did there.)


No comments: