Thursday, July 14, 2022

Running for Fun


I signed up for the Pine County Fun Run today and will be running a 5K on August 6.

I've done this Fun Run several other times in the past. One year I did the 10K, but mostly I just do the 5K. There's a little medal you get if you finish in the top three of your age group, but that's not why I run (which is good, because I usually don't get a medal unless there is a low turnout in my category). You do get a "free" t-shirt, which is nice, but certainly not a reason to run.

I run for a couple reasons. First, I enjoy the camaraderie. It's fun to be out with so many other runners, and I enjoy meeting other people who share my passion.

Second, it gives me something to look forward to and to keep in shape for. That motivation is especially helpful when the weather gets hot and humid and you don't really want to run.

The nice thing is that, although it's technically a race, it's more about the journey than the destination. 

It's a lot like life that way.

No comments: