Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: The Icarus Hunt

I just finished rereading a novel by one of my favorite authors, Timothy Zahn. The Icarus Hunt came out in 1999 and I read it back then - at least I think I did. I'm pretty sure,... but after twenty-three years I didn't remember a lot about it. I will say that I enjoyed it thoroughly again (or for the first time?) 

I decided to read it (again?) as he has a new book that just came out, The Icarus Plot, that isn't a direct sequel but takes place in the same universe. I thought it would be good to refresh my memory on the first one and I'm glad I did. Zahn is a master of both character and plot. If you enjoy science fiction, a little mystery, and some great adventure, you'll like this book. It has a great twist at the end and is a lot of fun. My grade: A.

I'm looking forward to getting a hold of The Icarus Plot next.

No comments: