Tuesday, July 5, 2022

New Dresden Files Today

A new novella dropped today from my all-time favorite author, Jim Butcher, in my all-time favorite series. It's called The Law - A Dresden Files Novella. I'm very excited to get it.

If you haven't read any of The Dresden Files books before, I'd highly recommend going back and reading through them from the beginning, starting with Storm Front. The Dresden Files are Jim’s first published series, telling the story of Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, Chicago’s first (and only) Wizard private investigator. It's a noir-ish detective series in the urban fantasy genre. I'm normally not a fan of fantasy, but this is an amazing series. 

Actually, if you get a chance, listen to the audio books which are read by James Marsters. It's a whole other level of awesome. I've listened a couple of times through the seventeen books (and several short stories) in the series so far. 

Someone described them as Harry Potter for adults, and there's some truth to that. They do have some adult themes, so I wouldn't recommend them for children, but adults will love them.

No comments: