Friday, July 15, 2022

Rob's Review: DQ A.1. Steakhouse Signature Stackburger

Diary Queen rolled out some new premium hamburgers a few months ago that looked quite tasty, but our local DQ doesn't have a grill so I have been unable to try them out. Today I was in the Cities shopping around lunchtime and I thought I'd give one of them a shot.

I've liked DQ's burgers in the past when I have been able to enjoy them, and so I was looking forward to sampling their new offering. I tried the "Loaded A.1.®Steakhouse 1/3 lb. double Signature Stackburger" which, according to the description on their website, "features two 100% seasoned real beef burger patties, topped with A.1.® Thick & Hearty Steak Sauce, creamy peppercorn sauce, Applewood smoked bacon, perfectly melted Sharp American and crunchy onion rings. Served on a soft and toasted bun." 

I found the burger to be really tasty and something I would definitely order again. The patties don't reach the state of awesomeness found in the burgers at Culvers or Shake Shack (two of my favorites), but they are really good. The creamy peppercorn sauce gives a nice flavor and nicely balances against the tang of the A.1. sauce. I actually would have been good with a little more of the peppercorn sauce as they weren't quite as generous as the promotional picture might imply. There was also a little less A.1., but that was okay because a little goes a long way. The bacon and onion rings on top were a great way to finish the burger. 

Is it gourmet? No, but that's okay. It's a good, solid offering in the burger category - a cut above most fast food out there - and something I would definitely order again.

My grade: A

No comments: