Saturday, July 23, 2022

Rob's Review: Thor: Love and Thunder

I finally got a chance to go see the new Thor movie, Love and Thunder, with my son, Jonah, this afternoon. I will admit that I went in with low expectations after hearing some mixed reviews. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. 

While not at quite as good as Thor: Ragnarok, I did enjoy the two hour ride. That's basically what it was - a fun Thor adventure with some good laughs. It was an opportunity to catch up with some beloved characters, but overall it felt as little light on significance as far as the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole. There's nothing wrong with that, though. It was just an enjoyable summer diversion on a rainy Saturday afternoon. It's not necessarily one I'll seek out to re-watch multiple times, but I would see it again if someone who hadn't yet seen it wanted to go. 

Interestingly enough, opposite of me, Jonah had heard rave reviews and was slightly disappointed that the movie wasn't more substantial. I do think the movie suffered due to the lack of Loki's presence.

Nevertheless, I predict that if you enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok, you'll like this one just (or at least, almost) as well. 

My Grade: B+

No comments: