Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The True Test of Character

I heard an interview on Andy Stanley's Leadership Podcast this month with Adam Grant. I wasn't that familiar with him, so I did a little research and I'm going to check out more of his writings.

One comment I came across was a Tweet he made (March 12, 2022) that caught my attention. He's not the first to say something like this, nor is it the only true test of character, but it struck me as quite profound and so I thought I'd share it here. Here's your deep thought for the day: 

You can’t judge people only by how they treat you. The true test of character is how they treat those they don't like or need. Even if someone is kind to you, proceed with caution if they’re consistently unkind to others. Selective civility is a sign of deep-seated hostility. 

No comments: