Saturday, March 19, 2022

Heading Out on a Road Trip

I love me a road trip! I'm looking forward to getting away with Rosalie for a couple weeks. We're traveling to Florida to see my sister in Fort Meyers, and my amazing an marvelous Aunt Mary Jo and a wonderful old friend, Sue Swartz, in Bradenton. (Plus, I'll get to eat at Demetrio's - the best pizza place in the world!) On the way we will spend some time with my dad in Franklin, Tennessee, and one of my best friends from college, David Karnes, and his lovely wife, Denise, in Chattanooga. 

Rosalie and I like to listen to audio books as we travel, as well as catching up on our Mike Rowe podcasts that we enjoy listening to together. It makes the time pass faster and for me it's a lot like watching a movie in my mind. There's a new Jack Reacher novel that we have in our listening queue (Better Off Dead), as well as some Travis McGee books (we're up to The Quick Red Fox), a mystery, and some science fiction novels and short stories. It's really a very eclectic collection. Our library has a bunch of audio books that you can check out for free, which is super helpful.

It's funny how you get so excited to head out on vacation, but afterward you look forward to getting back home. I guess that's better than the alternative - not wanting to come home!

No comments: