Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Blogging for Posterity

I spent a little time yesterday looking back over my blog posts from the last 15 years - which sounds impressive, but only total 264. It's only this year that I have been diligent about posting daily (and I've only missed one day so far! Fingers crossed.) 

It's interesting looking at my earlier posts and how many of them are very time-bound about things going on in my life or ministry at the time. More recently I have tried to post items which have a greater reach and hopefully greater value to people beyond just those who know me personally. My goal it that if someone stumbles across this blog accidentally, they might still find something to encourage, inspire or entertain them. 

It does make for a nice kind of journal for my thoughts and kind of a time capsule. Perhaps someday my kids will read back over my old posts and smile at some crazy thing I said.

No comments: