Thursday, March 3, 2022

The First Signs of Spring - Concerts!

Spring band and choir concert season is here with the junior high concert tonight and senior high on Monday, both beginning at 7:30 p.m. I love attending these events to support the students - several of whom are in my youth group and most of the rest I know from subbing at school. But, more than that, the music is really great. 

We have a phenomenal music program in Pine City lead by long-time choir director Jen Krinke and band directors Kevin Cahill (elementary and junior high) and Blake Groe (senior high). Plus, Joanne Cahill who teaches k-1 music and the incomparable Jen Hansmann at the elementary school (who also serves as our pianist and a vocalist on our worship team at First Pres!) 

Needless to say, if you get a chance to enjoy any of the upcoming concerts, I highly recommend you take it. Great music and very encouraging to our student musicians. (Plus, it's a cheap date!)

UPDATE: Okay, so they aren't Spring concerts, they are "Mid-Winter" concerts. I think I was just too excited that Spring is around the corner. Of course, in Minnesota I guess March is still mid-winter. 

Junior high went great. Looking forward to senior high on Monday!

No comments: