Thursday, March 31, 2022

The End of An Era

I am very sad as I found out today that my favorite pizza place in the world, Demetrio's Pizza House in Bradenton, Florida, is going to be closing down in a few weeks as the owners are retiring after 35 years in the business. 

Not only has Demetrio's been a landmark in Bradenton - an award-winning one, at that - but it has been my family's favorite since it opened. We routinely went to Demetrio's on Sundays after church and the staff there knew us all well. We celebrated many birthdays and other special events there and we have a ton of great memories. I am going to miss it very much.

It's truly the end of an era. I'm so glad that we are currently in Florida and will be able to enjoy their pizza one last time tomorrow (our second visit on this trip). I've literally never had any other pizza like it - and trust me, I've searched! Now if only I could somehow convince them to share their recipes with me...!


No comments: