Thursday, March 17, 2022

Rob's Reviews: The Adam Project

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for time travel movies. There's a great new one that debuted on Netflix last week titled The Adam Project, starring Ryan Reynolds and Walker Scobell. The Netflix description reads: After accidentally crash-landing in 2022, time-traveling fighter pilot Adam Reed teams up with his 12-year-old self on a mission to save the future.

You're probably familiar with Ryan Reynolds, and my guess is you'll be hearing a lot more about Walker Scobell in the future, as much of the movie hangs on his ability to pull off a 12-year-old version of Ryan's titular character, Adam Reed, and the interplay between these two wonderful actors. Walker nails the snappy, snarky as sweet character and really makes the movie.

It's not the deepest, most realistic science fiction movie of all time - it's just a lot of fun. Rosalie and I watched it the other night and enjoyed it for what it is: a humorous and heart-filled buddy-action movie. It's one I enjoyed enough that it may warrant repeated viewings. If you're looking for an entertaining diversion, I'd highly recommend it.

No comments: