Friday, March 25, 2022

Rewatching Classic TV

There are some TV series that stand the test of time and that people could enjoy just as much today as they did during their heyday. Others haven't aged as well and I think the only reason we watched them originally was that there was nothing else on. Then there's the third category of shows that we enjoyed once, but wouldn't necessarily require repeated viewings.

Over the past couple of years I have enjoyed watching and re-watching (for me) several classic TV series with my oldest son, Jordan. We've gone though all the seasons of The West Wing, Cheers, Frasier, and are now on the second season of the wonderful Sports Night (an Aaron Sorkin series that preceded West Wing). 

There's a bunch more we are considering for our next series. I loved Wings but Jordan had trouble connecting with it during the first several episodes we watched. He's watched How I Met Your Mother a couple of times on his own and we're considering a re-watch of that together as I loved it the first time, but it's been several years. I'm also strongly considering MASH, which I think he would enjoy as it has some of the same comic sensibilities of others he likes. Or maybe Community. Or The Office. 

So many great old shows to re-watch - I'm sure I'm forgetting some. It makes you wonder what are the TV shows out today that we'll be re-watching in another decade or two. 

Any classic series that you would watch again?

No comments: