Monday, December 12, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: Upside app


There's a great app out called Upside that I've been hesitant to post about for a few reasons. 

First, they really want you to share it with your friends and are always urging you to do that - which always makes me leery. It's not just my natural contrariness, where I don't want to do something that someone else urges me to do, although that maybe a part of it. But I was kind of cautious about sharing something where there might be a catch later on. (Kind of like, "Hey, free vacation. Just one thing. You have to sit through a two-day sales pitch for a timeshare...")

Second, I wanted to be sure it really worked first, so I wanted to test it for myself for a bit.

Third, it might seem self-serving, because if you download and use the app, and you use my referral code, I get some type of bonus. Don't worry, it's not a multi-level marketing kind of deal, just a few extra cents off gasoline or something - the bonus changes.

Anyway, in spite of all of my initial concerns, I am happy to report that there don't seem to be any catches and this app really works and saves you all kinds of money. It's kind of like an electronic coupon where they refund you the money. I've used it for the last six months or so and have earned/saved $58.33 so far. You can save money on gas purchases, at restaurants, and on groceries, depending on where you shop. 

The savings vary depending on the location. For example, right now I can save 22 cents/gallon on gas at the Holiday station in the middle of Pine City, but if I go to the Holiday station by the interstate, I only get 17 cents a gallon back. And the savings amount changes all the time. 

There aren't any restaurants near Pine City that are currently using this app, but I saved about $15 on a couple of different visits to a Mexican restaurant near my son, Jordan, down in Monticello. You can also save at grocery stores. I saved at Cub Foods in the Cities before, and the Coborn's in Mora is currently offering 10% cash back on groceries. 

You can try it for yourself. If you would like, please use my referral code: ROB2427 when you sign up. Right now, they are offering you an extra $7 cash back the first time you use the app and another $7 for me! But that could change, depending on when you read this and use the app for the first time.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think. After using it for a while now, though, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

No comments: