Sunday, December 18, 2022

Cold but Beautiful


I'm not a fan of winter, which makes it ironic that God brought me to Pine City to minister. If it weren't for broomball, I would pretty much have no use for winter, especially the bitter cold. 

And then there's the snow. I always said that if it just wouldn't snow on the roads or my driveway, I wouldn't mind the snow at all, but that seem unlikely to happen.

The one redeeming quality of winter is that it's often quite pretty. Not always, but sometimes. Like this morning. I went out on my Sunday morning pre-worship service sunrise run and the scenery was stunning. And the run was wonderful, in spite of the fact that it was about 2 degrees out. At least there wasn't any wind, and on Sundays at that time there's hardly any traffic, which makes for a wonderful, beautiful run. Add some great worship music in my earbuds (actually Christmas music this time of year) and it was a pretty great run.

I guess I can tough it out for a few months each year, even if I wish it was fewer few months of winter.




No comments: