Saturday, December 10, 2022

Donuts are my Kryptonite


I've often bemoaned the fact that there are no Krispy Kreme stores in the upper Midwest. The closest one is down in Iowa, a couple hundred miles away. It's probably a good thing for my waistline, because donuts are my kryptonite when it comes to eating healthy. It's incredibly difficult for me to resist a good donut, and Krispy Kreme has some of the best.

But I've got another donut that gives Krispy Kreme a run for its money, and it's available all over the upper Midwest at any Kwik Trip. It's their Persian donut with cinnamon roll frosting. These are incredible. I'd highly recommend them if you live near a Kwik Trip. 

Fortunately (for my waistline), we don't have any Kwik Trips in Pine City... yet. I'm hopeful that we'll get some someday, because these are better than any other place I know for great fresh donuts. For now they remain special treats for Rosalie and myself when we travel or for a particular celebration. They get my highest recommendation.

No comments: