Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Finding Friends


I’ve often wondered if there’s someone who would be a good friend, but I never know about it because I never meet them. Maybe they live too far away and our paths never cross, or – and this may be worse –our paths do cross, but I never have the opportunity or take the time to get to know them and connect? Maybe you have a potential best friend who lives nearby, but not close enough that your paths will naturally cross.

I’ve often thought it’d be cool to have an app or website that would be like the dating apps but just for helping match up friends. You put in your likes, hobbies, and maybe a personality profile or something. Then the computer algorithm would match you with a potential friend. 

I wonder if we would be more likely to begin friendships with people who are a different age, race, socio-economic class, etc. 

I also wonder if people would take advantage of it, or if they would just be like, “I have enough friends already. I don’t have time for any more friends.”

Maybe if you don’t have time for more friends, you need to adjust how you are spending your time.


No comments: