Monday, December 26, 2022

A Very Star Trek Christmas


What did you get for Christmas?

That's always a good conversation starter, especially if you don't know the other person well or you just want to get to know them better. I use it frequently when working for teens and it works for a couple weeks after school is back in session.

You can tell a lot about a person by the gifts they get. (Or, at least you can tell a lot about what the people around them think of that person, I guess.) My Christmas this year was an all Star Trek Christmas. My boys got me some Star Trek beverage containers (a mug, and water bottles), and a cool Starfleet Academy sweatshirt. 

Rosalie surprised me with tickets to the Star Trek convention in Las Vegas this August, including plane tickets and arranging a place to stay at a condo of a good friend. She got some very good tickets to the convention which includes early registration, dealers rooms (Star Trek, not drug), and autographs from the celebrities. In addition to the main event rooms which will feature all of the remaining cast of the original Star Trek series, there are a lot of ancillary events. Last year the Inglorious Treksperts were there from my favorite Star Trek podcast and I'm hoping they will be again.

The only problem with this gift is that I will have to wait until August to enjoy it!!!! Oh, well, the anticipation is part of the enjoyment, I suppose.

So what can you tell about me from my gifts? I'm a big geeky kid at heart. Not that this is a surprise to anybody who knows me at all.  

No comments: