Thursday, November 3, 2022

You Deserve A Break Today


One of the things that being sick reminds you of is the need for adequate rest.

Being under the weather the last couple of days has forced me to slow down and cancel some of the appointments I had for the week. I took myself off the list for subbing this week and scaled way back on my obligations. 

And it was glorious. 

We tend to have an inflated sense of our own importance, and so we continue to schedule more and more things in. (And I'm speaking for myself here, but really, I know most people struggle with this.)

That's why God was so serious about enforcing Sabbath for his people. It wasn't a punishment; it was a gift. A weekly time to stop working and enjoy God.

Our culture runs at a very fast pace, and we will burn ourselves out if we don't intentionally sometimes just stop. 

Breathe.

Find margin.

Remember, you are God's child, and He loves you.

I could write more, but it's time for a break.

No comments: