Monday, November 28, 2022

The Great Root Beer Barrel Saga of 2022


If you know me at all, you know that I am a big fan of root beer barrels. 

I first began to consume them about five years ago when I started running a losing a lot of weight. They are great for helping curb your appetite while also giving a little bit of a sugar boost to keep you from crashing. I often kid that I should write a book called The Root Beer Barrel Diet Book

Because I would always carry some with me, I began to share with friends. It wasn't long before I got to be known for sharing root beer barrels with students on my cross country team or at school.

I would always stock up on root beer barrels at Fleet Farm, but a few months ago they ran out of stock of the good Dad's brand. Then a week or so ago they began to sell their own brand of root beer barrels. I was hopeful that they would be as good as the Dad's brand, but they were a major disappointment. (You can see the comparison in the above picture.) They have a less pleasant taste, and they tend to come out of their wrappers in your pocket.

A couple months ago I bought some from Amazon, but the prices went way up recently, so I spent several hours the other day researching different places to purchase them in bulk. I finally stumbled upon Nuts.com, which had them at a decent price with shipping included. Plus, they were running a Black Friday sale when you could buy one, get one half off. Needless to say, I am well stocked for a while now and able to share. (And maybe drop a few pounds again!)



No comments: