Friday, November 25, 2022

Rob's Review: Wakanda Forever

I finally got a chance to see Wakanda Forever (aka. Black Panther 2) with Jonah this afternoon. As I anticipated, it was very enjoyable and kept me engaged the entire 2 hours and 40 minutes of the run time. It was a worthy successor to the original Black Panther.

I would say that if you haven't seen the first Black Panther movie, you will be fairly lost watching this movie. I only saw Black Panther one time when it first came out in 2018, and although I remembered most of it, there were several scenes in the movie which presupposed that you were very familiar will all the characters and what had happened before. So this movie would have benefited from a little more time (or any time!) reintroducing all the characters or recapping the first film. 

Nevertheless it was a fun afternoon with my son and an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. If you are a Marvel fan and have seen the original movie (and remember it well), I'd recommend it. If not, go see the first one first.

My Grade: B+

No comments: