Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: East Central Audiology


I blogged earlier this year that I got my first pair of always-in Bluetooth-enabled earbuds with ambient audio amplification and clarification. (Some people call them hearing aids, but that makes it sound like something an old person would have.) My always-in earbuds allow me to listen to podcasts (or music) whenever I want as well as talk on the phone. I have them paired with my laptop and my phone and sometimes my tablet, so they are super useful.

Oh, they also help me hear more clearly. 

If you are in the market for such a device and live in the area, may I recommend East Central Audiology (soon to be Audiology Concepts), and specifically Jennifer Boblett, Au.D. (Doctor of Audiology). She did a wonderful job fitting me for my earbuds. She is very knowledgeable and super helpful at explaining all of the capabilities of these devices. Plus she's just really friendly and very nice. She sees patients in both Cambridge and Forest Lake, Minnesota. 

I know that they recently passed a law allowing hearing aids to be sold over the counter. This may help drive prices down in the long run, but in the meantime, I think it's a matter of you get what you pay for, and if you're going to be spending several thousand dollars, you should get professional assistance. I know a lot of people who cheaped out on hearing aids and are not satisfied with the results, even though they may have saved a few bucks in the short run.


No comments: