Sunday, November 6, 2022

Catching Up on Some Fiction


One of the other benefits of being sick is that, in addition to catching up on some movies and tv shows that I've been wanting to watch, I've also had time to work on some books I've been meaning to read. I just finished The Last Colony by John Scalzi, which is the third book in the Old Man's War series. 

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, but I would definitely recommend reading the first two books in the series first, Old Man's War and The Ghost Brigades first for context. I started reading more of Scalzi after reading his excellent Redshirts. I enjoy his sense of humor and his easy writing style. It's very easy to read, and he doesn't get bogged down in a lot of descriptive details.

If you're looking for a good, fun read, I'd recommend any of these works. I'm looking forward to reading more of his stuff.

No comments: