Saturday, November 5, 2022

Rob's Reviews: Strange New Worlds


I've been laid up this week with a cold or a flu or something, so I've been catching up on some tv shows and movies that I've been meaning to watch. But I've also gone back and started rewatching Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. 

I realized that I blogged about this a week before it came out, but I never talked about it on here. It's amazing. 

I love all Star Trek, classic and new. Some series are better than others, of course, but they all have their strong points. I would have to put Strange New Worlds near the very top of my list of all Star Trek. It's got great writing, acting, and a wonderful premise (Captain Pike's adventures on the Enterprise ten years before Kirk became captain.) They do a great job honoring the original and reinventing some parts for a modern audience. I like to think it's what Gene Roddenberry would have done if he were making Star Trek today. 

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd highly recommend you check it out. You may want to watch Star Trek: Discovery season 2 for some background first, but it's not required. 

My grade: A+

No comments: