Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Retro Cereal Frute Brute is Back


I picked up a box of Frute Brute cereal the other day at Aldi. I used to love Frute Brute as a kid, along with Boo Berry and Franken Berry cereals, but they discontinued it in 1982. Frute Brute made a return as a seasonal cereal last year, although I didn't get a chance to check it out then. 

This year I did get my hands on a box and it's not bad. The original Frute Brute cereal had lime marshmallows instead of cherry flavored ones, but to tell you the truth, I don't really remember the taste as much as I remember the experience. 

This new one is pretty good if you like cherry flavored cereals or are just looking for something different for breakfast. My usual breakfast consists of a bagel, but every now and then I like a change of pace. I'm guessing it won't be around much longer now that Halloween is over, but you might be able to get it cheaper!

No comments: