Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Future Isn't What it Used to Be


Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's not a lot of exciting entertainment content to look forward to right now, especially when it comes to movies. 

I love movies and I love going to see them in the theater, but it seems like there's not a lot of "I can't wait to see it" type stuff in the pipeline. There's nothing like a super blockbuster that everyone seems anxiously awaiting.

There's a new Marvel movie coming out this weekend, Wakanda Forever, that I'm sure will be fine. Most of the upcoming Marvel movie slate is the same way. I'm sure they'll be enjoyable, but is that enough?

Then there's the next Avatar movie which looks like a special effects extravaganza, but the trailer left me cold. It was a little like watching someone play a video game. I frankly don't know if I'll end up seeing it in theaters. There's no big Star Wars or Star Trek movies in the near future. I guess the only thing that looks kind of fun is the new Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell movie Spirited, but it turns out that's an Apple TV+ release.

Really, the only ones I am excited about is the Flash and the next Indiana Jones movie, both coming out next June! Yikes. Hopefully there will be a sleeper hit in the meantime that is really good.

So what do you think? Any theatrical releases you're looking forward to?

No comments: