Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Some Things Are Just a "No"

A few days ago I made the case for trying the Hawaiian pizza at Pizza Pub in Pine City, arguing that in this one case, at least, the sweetness of the pineapple makes a wonderful counterpoint to the tangy spiciness of the pizza sauce. I urged people not to knock it until they've tried it.

But then Pizza Pub came out with this pizza of the month:

Pickle roll up pizza! (Midwestern sushi)
This pizza starts off with cream cheese for sauce, followed by canadian bacon, pickle, and a sprinkle of dill on top!
I just need to say this: no. 
 
As much as I am a sucker for new and different tastes, I'm going to let this one pass. Maybe if I was a pickle-lover instead of a sometimes pickle-tolerator I could get behind the concept, but this one's a no-go for me. 
 
Then today they are running a news story about mustard donuts. 
 
Oh, the humanity.



No comments: