Saturday, May 7, 2022

Students & Parents


As a substitute teacher and cross country coach, one of my great joys is being able to get to know so many students. (One of the students at school asked me the other day why I sub. I replied, "Because I like hanging out with you guys... usually.") We have some wonderful students at our school (and a few others!) and I really like meeting them and building relationships with them.

It's always interesting when I meet their parents for the first time after I have already gotten to know their kids. If the kid is great, I'm always happy to meet the parent and I am positively predisposed to liking them. If my experience with the student is negative, I'm much less inclined to view the parents favorably when I meet them.

I imagine the same is true with God. How his children represent themselves reflects back on their heavenly father. 

Something to keep in mind before that next Facebook post or your interaction with someone. Remember who you represent.

No comments: