Sunday, May 22, 2022

See You At the Movies


I enjoy seeing movies and I enjoy going with other people to see movies, but it's important to choose the correct movie watching companion, as theater etiquette is critical to the movie experience. 

Talking is never appropriate, other than perhaps a whispered sentence to catch your companion up after a quick trip to the restroom. Same with exclamatory remarks. There are certain people that you just can't watch a movie with because they are constitutionally incapable of silence for that period of time. I'm happy to hang out with them elsewhere, but not at the movies. Don't even get me started on phones in the theater. These people should be ejected immediately.

And my movie companion(s) should want to sit through the end credits (unless the movie is a complete dud). I've been a end-credit person even before they began putting mid and post-credit scenes in movies. Not only are they interesting, but they give you an opportunity to listen to the music or soundtrack of the film. Plus they allow you to decompress from the intensity of the movie and the credits allow time for you to begin to process the movie before the after-movie discussion on the ride home. The exception to this rule is if one needs to run to the bathroom, but then they can return for the remainder of the credits.

I was going to comment on people wanting to sit in the back of the theater - I mean, what's that about? But I'll save that for another time. In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the show (quietly!)


No comments: