Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Thankful for Great Administrative Professionals


It's Administrative Professionals Day today. I've worked with some amazing Administrative Assistants through the years. I can honestly say I have loved working with each of them, not only in my role as a pastor, but also as a substitute teacher. 

I'd list everyone by name but I'm sure I'd miss someone, but I will call out the current receptionist at the high school, Jan Cummins, who does a phenomenal job in a thankless role. She juggles substitute schedules like nobody's business and always does it with a smile (or at least it a grimace that doubles as a smile!) She is a joy to work with.

My favorite AA, of course, is our current church secretary - my wife, Rosalie. But not just because she's my wife. She is a kick-butt Administrative Assistant who not only is extraordinarily competent, but anticipates what I need, often before I even know I need it. Plus she is able to put up with me and my annoyingness.

So kudos to all the Administrative Assistants I've worked with who have so faithfully served. You are the true backbone of the organization and I am grateful and thankful to you!

No comments: