Sunday, April 17, 2022

He is Risen - Easter 2022


I hope everyone had a great Easter today. We had a breakfast/brunch at church followed by our worship service, - followed by my coming home and collapsing in exhaustion! We don't do a lot extra around church at Easter (like Maundy Thursday or Good Friday services), but just the regular stress of getting ready for a special Sunday where you know there are going to be visitors and people you haven't seen in a while can be taxing. 

We also don't do a lot with Easter baskets and candy anymore as our boys are in their 20s and Rosalie and I don't need a lot of extra caloric temptations around. But here's my tip for those of you who are in the Easter candy mode because of young kids or just because you like candy: go to Walmart (or whatever local store you have) early the morning after Easter. Then buy enough for next year's Easter baskets. The chocolate and candy and so on will safe (as long as you don't break into your stash before then... you might want to pick up some extra in the meantime, just to be safe). Don't wait too long or all the good stuff will be gone. I'll be honest, I just opened a bag of jelly beans I bought on clearance last Easter, and it tastes just fine. 

But in all seriousness, I hope you took some time to reflect on Christ's resurrection and what it means for you. If you would like, you can check our my Easter message - "Seeing is Believing" on our podcast (you can also find it on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Play podcasts).

No comments: