Monday, April 11, 2022

God's Kaleidoscope of Love

I used to love kaleidoscopes when I was younger. Ah, who am I kidding,.. I still love them! It's cool to look through them and see the world in a different way. They actually make kaleidoscope glasses! I don't know if they work or not, or how practical they would be, but what a cool way to see the world around you differently.

On my run this morning I came across the song Kaleidoscope by the band Urban Rescue and was struck by some of the lyrics:

Let your love be my kaleidoscope | You fill my world with
Childlike wonder | Every face reflections of your heart
... | I want to see what you see... | Change me from the inside | Show me what it looks like | Let your love be my kaleidoscope

We see other people from a very limited perspective, and our opinions and interactions are shaped by that particular perspective. But all of us have many different facets and so we need God's love to help us see others as He sees them. And then to treat them as He would.

That's what God's love is all about.

No comments: