Saturday, October 8, 2022

Rob's Review: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law


I've waited a while to write about She-Hulk because I wanted to give it a fair shot. Having seen the first seven episodes now I thought I'd share my take on the TV show.

I've always enjoyed the character in the comics when handled by a writer who understood the humor, breaking the fourth wall, and so on. I loved John Byrne's run on the title. I really liked the lead acress, Tatiana Maslany, who did an unbelievably great job in Orphan Black, but I had a hard time imagining her as Jennifer Walters. Also, I had heard some other negative things about the show, so I was a little hesitant going in.

Turns out the show is a lot of fun!

I think a lot of people got down on the show due to some sketchy CGI in the first promos. Other people have criticized it for political reasons (mostly I think because Marvel is a Disney property and they don't like Disney). I haven't found anything at all objectionable about it. It seems to capture the lightness and fun of the comics in what is essentially a sit-com (each episode is about 1/2 an hour). 

I'd say if you're looking for something light, fun, and enjoyable, and you like the Marvel universe, you'll probably like the show. 

My Grade: A

No comments: