Thursday, October 27, 2022

Blessing is Instrumental

One of the reasons I decided to blog about stuff is to share the things that bring me joy. Or, to put it the way my favorite Star Trek podcast hosts do, "We're all about celebrating the love." (The Inglorious Treksperts podcast). I like to share things that I enjoy so that maybe I can help someone else find things that they enjoy, as well.

So what are the things that bring you joy? What makes you happy? Have you shared any of these things with someone else?

One of my favorite old hymns is "Count Your Blessings", but I think the reason we should do that is so that we can share them with others. Blessings are always instrumental. They're never meant just to be something for the recipient. In other words, God is blessing you so that you can bless someone else - you are blessed to be a blessing.

What blessing can you share?

No comments: