Thursday, October 13, 2022

My Other Favorite Author


If you're looking for something good to read, allow me to suggest my son Jonah's ongoing web novel that is available at RoyalRoad.com. It's called Magical Girl Gunslinger and it's an action-adventure saga. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, so I'll post the description from the site:

“Would you like to make a contract?”

When eldritch horrors known as the Anathema began tearing through reality to invade Earth, aliens calling themselves the Zenith stepped in to protect humanity. Individuals were chosen and gifted with the ability to use magic and advanced technologies to combat the existential threat. Over twenty-one years later, the so-called “Magical Guardians” are still hard at work keeping the peace. With their flashy outfits, superhuman abilities, and reality-defying spells, they are the part-time heroes and full-time idols of modern society.

But none of that really matters to Mai, whose biggest problems are dealing with her family, classmates, and the ever growing dread of her imminent future. As far as Mai is concerned, mundane problems are more than enough to worry about, and the idea of magic and monsters might as well be nothing more than daydreams. At least, they were until she finds herself in the middle of an Anathema invasion… 

A Dark Magical Girl LitRPG with sci-fi elements. Note: Slow burn and slow, gradual introduction of LitRPG mechanics that become a focal point once introduced.

Please be aware this story contains intense violence, gore, traumatic situations, and other potentially unsettling content.

Chapters tend to be longer but with inconsistent updates.

I may be biased, but I think you will agree that he is an amazing writer. His characters are fully formed and the descriptions are detailed without being pedantic. He has over 2,300 followers as of this writing and is bound to accumulate more. 

I mentioned yesterday that my favorite fiction author is Jim Butcher. I should qualify that and say that my favorite fiction author that I'm not related to is Jim Butcher. Otherwise, Jonah Spahr takes the cake! Check it out if you get a chance. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/48402/magical-girl-gunslinger

No comments: