Monday, January 31, 2022

What is a Pastor?

Often times when I'm subbing at school I'll have students tell me that I ought to be their permanent teacher - usually for whomever their least favorite teacher is. I tell them I can only sub occasionally because my main job is being a pastor.

Many students (and actually quite a few adults) don't really know what a pastor does. I ran across this definition of a pastor one time:
Pastor: a teacher, public speaker, counselor, children’s story teller, youth leader, worship leader, HR director, master of ceremonies, facilities coordinator, volunteer coordinator, mission trip coordinator, hospital chaplain, creative designer, office equipment technician, mediator, fundraiser, finance officer, funeral director, and father. 
Yep, that covers a few of the roles.

No comments: