Sunday, January 23, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: Upsie

I helped a couple of friends pick out some new laptops yesterday. (Shoutout to MicroCenter in St. Louis Park. They have some pretty good deals and good people to work with.) I suggested both pass on the extended warranty as both a adults who aren't going to be lugging their laptops around a lot and are going to take pretty good care of them.

However, I did get an extended warranty a couple of months ago for Jordan's new laptop (a combo Christmas and college graduation gift) because he can be hard on equipment and will be taking it a lot of places once he finds a new job. (He's looking for college football assistant coaching positions if anyone is aware of any.) But his warranty I got through Upsie, where I have had good experience as they also were the warranty place for my cell phone (which is about the same price as his laptop, but I got a deal. Story for another time). 

Anyway, I got an email from Upsie the other day stating that they were doing an audit on their warranties and found out that I overpaid for the laptop warranty and they were issuing me a refund for the balance. How many other places do you know that would do that?

Most of the time I don't recommend warranties, but if you do need one, I'd check out Upsie.com. If you use this link, you get 10% off and I get a credit for referring you.

No comments: