Friday, January 21, 2022

Back to My Journalism Roots

I had my first column published in our local paper, the Pine City Pioneer, this week. The new editor (Traci LeBrun, who seems to be doing an excellent job) contacted the local clergy and asked if we would be willing to write a column from a faith-based prospective on a rotating basis, so I'll be writing one every month and a half or so. 

It reminded me of high school where I wrote a column for our (award-winning) school newspaper, the Paw Print (at Bayshore High School - go Bruins!). One particular column was a satire where I imitated the style of a columnist at our town newspaper, the Bradenton Herald. The Herald published it and the columnist made some very nice remarks about it and my future as a journalist (um... about that...) 

So now, 40 years later, I'm still writing columns for the local paper. I guess some things never do change.


No comments: