Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: The Way I Heard It podcast with Mike Rowe

I listen to lots of podcasts, but my favorite one right now - maybe one of my all-time favorites - is The Way I Heard It. Mike Rowe started this podcast several years ago as kind of an homage to Paul Harvey's The Rest of the Story

The first about one hundred and fifty were about five-minute-long stories that were framed as kind of mysteries with a twist at the end "for the curious mind with a short attention span." He even wrote a book, The Way I Heard It, that features many of those stories, along with additional chapters about Mike's own life. 

After the book came out, he played chapters of the audiobook on his podcast and talked about them with his friend and producer, Chuck Klausmeyer. Once they completed the book discussion, they continued this longer-form podcast and essentially turned it into a kind of talk show. Now the podcast often features interesting interviews (including with Mike's mom, who is awesome) and sometimes just with Mike and Chuck talking - which is also very fascinating.

Rosalie and I enjoy listening to this podcast together when we're driving somewhere. I'd highly recommend checking it out!

No comments: