Wednesday, February 2, 2022

It's Groundhog Day Again

It's Groundhog Day - the day celebrated by one of my favorite movie comedies ever. It's been a few years since I've watched it, so perhaps it's time for a rewatch. In the meantime, some quotes from the movie:

"You want a prediction about the weather? You're asking the wrong Phil. I'm going to give you a prediction about this winter? It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey and it's going to last you for the rest of your lives!"

        - Phil Connors

There is no way that this winter is ever going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any other way out. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him.

        - Phil Connors

"This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather."

        - Phil Connors

"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."

        - Phil Connors

Phil: Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?

Mrs. Lancaster: I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen.

 

No comments: