Sunday, February 27, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: RWBY

I'm not a huge fan of anime, but my son, Jonah, has helped me to learn to appreciate several shows, my favorite being RWBY. Here's how RWBY is described on Wikipedia: 

RWBY (pronounced "Ruby") is an American anime-influenced adult computer-animated web series created by Monty Oum for Rooster Teeth. It is set in the fictional world of Remnant, where young people train to become warriors (called "Huntsmen" and "Huntresses") to protect their world from monsters called Grimm. The name RWBY is derived from the four main protagonists' forenames: Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang, and their respective theme colors (red, white, black and yellow).

RWBY has a wonderful detailed and thought-out storyline with memorable characters and is a delight to watch. I encounter a lot of students while subbing at school who enjoy anime, but many are unfortunately unaware of this gem. If you enjoy anime, you'll definitely want to check it out. As of this writing you can enjoy it on Netflix or via the Rooster Teeth website (and probably other outlets.) Let me know what you think.

No comments: