Saturday, February 12, 2022

I'm Going Running Today

I'm back to running regularly after sitting out the end of December and all of January with a pulled calf muscle. I guess if you have to miss, January is as good a time as any! I will run outside in the freezing cold, but it's not my preference. I don't care for running on a treadmill, but sometimes the weather precludes going outside.

Many days - especially days where the weather is either very cold or very hot and humid - I don't feel like going for a run before I begin. Sometimes I dread it. But usually - far more often than not - the run goes way better than I've been anticipating. But sometimes it's a slog. But no matter how bad the run, when I'm done I'm always glad I went. 

Always.

For me it's a daily reminder of the power of consistency and commitment: "I'm going to go for a run today." That's the commitment. Then it's a reminder to avoid procrastination: I might as well get going.

Anything you've been putting off?

No comments: