Sunday, February 24, 2008

Great Pizza

Had a great time worshiping together as Journey North met at the Pizza Pub in Pine City today (due to the gun show being held at our regular location in Pine Tech). We packed out the place!

In honor of our Pizza today I decided to update my top ten pizza list that I had posted on my previous web site. Not much has changed although Casey's hadn't made my previous list as I had not tried their pizza when that list was created. Here is my newly modified list:

Top 10 Best Pizza Dining Places (in order of preference)

  1. Demetrio's Pizza, Bradenton, Florida. By far my favorite pizza in the world! Well worth a trip to Florida and one of the things I miss most about living in Bradenton. As I was growing up we went out to Demetrio's almost every Sunday after church. My favorite toppings: bacon & pepperoni - the best!

  2. Giordano's world famous stuffed pizza, Chicagoland area and some central Florida locations. (Runner up as far as stuffed pizza goes, Gino's Italian Restaurant in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Also excellent.)

  3. Casey's Pizza at Casey's General Stores (multiple locations around the midwest). I worked for Casey's for a summer and learned to make pizzas there. They have wonderful crust and a tasty sauce. You can often find discount coupons on their web site or via their mailing list.

  4. Rocky Rococo's - superb pan style pizza

  5. Donatelli's, White Bear Lake, Minnesota - pizza's pretty good, but the best thing to go there for is their super-suicide sodas! They're awesome.
  6. Little Caesar's Pizza - pan style, although their regular is not bad and often only $5! You can often get coupons online at their website, usually for their excellent Crazy Bread.

  7. Sam's Club pizza (from their snack bar) - Really very good at a decent price.

  8. Pizza Hut

  9. Papa Johns

  10. Pizza Pub, Pine City

  11. Sabarro's - expensive but tasty