Wednesday, September 26, 2007

E-mail, the Packers, and Brian Gotter

Many in Minnesota will remember Brian Gotter, the former meteorologist on the WCCO 4 morning news who moved back to his native Wisconsin last year where he now works for WTMJ. He is one of the most personable, enjoyable and consistently funny (often hysterical) people I have ever seen on the news. He often shared about his family both on screen and the WCCO blog. He now blogs from WTMJ and his blog, "Welcome Back, Gotter" is always amusing and fun to read.

Rosalie and I became big fans of Brian as he was a true Packer fan. WCCO always had Packer talk on Monday mornings as Brian bantered with Bill Hudson and Karen Leigh, and they often featured Packer video as well. Less so this year, although I have been informed by WCCO that they intend to do better. But I digress...

I wrote to Brian last year before he left, expressing my appreciation for his work and sadness that we were losing him from the local market. He responded quickly and warmly with kind words. I wrote again today in response to his blog post ("Packer Nation") and was greeted within minutes by another warm, personal response.

How cool is that? Certainly he has plenty to do without answering fan mail all the time. I feel bad because I have people I haven't written to in weeks or longer! I am inspired to try and return personal email as soon as possible, not waiting for later until I 'have more time' to write (like that is going to happen!)